How can we make sure if a message was processed at all with SAP PI/PO? Today, no alert means no error.
But what if the sender system did not place the file or send the message? You will find out, when the business will ask for missing data…
WHINT MessageMissing Alert is a solution that runs pro-actively as a job on your system (e.g. every hour during business hours or every month on the first) and checks in the message (performance) monitor if the interface ran or not. In case no message was found, an e-mail will be sent to a receiver.
- Works with SAP NetWeaver PO (PI single-stack) version 7.3 EHP1 and higher (including 7.50)
- If you read from more than one Adapter Engine and you enforce SSL, you need to apply SP15 for 7.31 / SP10 for 7.40
- Create a new User with the following standard role (or equivalent custom role): SAP_XI_MONITOR_J2EE
- Activate the performance monitoring in NWA
- Configuration > Infrastructure > Java System Properties
- Services > XPI Service: AF Core
- Properties > profile.performance.runtime = true
- Configure the interval to keep the last 31 days of the message processing by executing the following URL on your PI/PO system: http(s)://host:port/mdt/performancedataqueryservlet?PeriodConfig=DAILY=31
- Import the Software Component into your ESR provided by Whitepaper InterfaceDesign
- Deploy the SCA/EAR file provided by Whitepaper InterfaceDesign using NWDS/JSPM/SUM/Telnet
- Configure the Scenario by installing the Integration Scenario in NWDS (via iFlows) or in Integration Directory Swing Client. Per default “WHINT_MMA” is defined as the sender business component.
- Schedule the job from NWA -> Operations -> Jobs -> Java Scheduler
- Add Task with Job name MessageTriggerJob
- The solution is using WHINT MessageTrigger Job which can generically send an XML message to the PI/PO runtime.
- ScenarioID: WHINT_MMA (actually this value can have any value)
- ScenarioSender: MMA_TEST1 (this value has to match the IntegratedConfiguration/iFlow configuration)
- Param01: Interface=<the interface name of the message you look for. “*” is the wildcard.>
- Param02: InterfaceNS=<the interface namespace of the message you look for. “*” is the wildcard.>
- Param03: SenderComponent=<the sender system of the message you look for. “*” is the wildcard.>
- Param04: SenderParty=<the sender party of the message you look for. This parameter is optional.>
- Param05: ReceiverComponent=<the receiver system of the message you look for. “*” is the wildcard.>
- Param06: ReceiverParty=<the receiver party of the message you look for. This parameter is optional.>
- Param07: Period=<DAY/HOUR/15MIN>
- Param08: Frequency=<e.g. the amount of hours within the message was processed>. Possible values / Unit:
- DAY: 1..31
- HOUR: 1..24
- 15MIN: 1..4
- Param09: EmailRecipient=<E-Mail Address or list: firstname.lastname@example.org;email@example.com>
- The sequence of the parameters is not important.
- The scheduling should be done according to your business needs (hourly, Mon-Fri between 8:00 and 18:00)
Finance data for reconciliation from a payment service provider shall be sent monthly from an SFTP server and posted into SAP accounting. The solution makes sure that the interface is running every month at least once or at a given day.
Another example is that the warehouse interface shall be active during business hours. Stock movement messages should be sent at least once every 30 minutes from SAP ERP to the AS/400 warehouse system. An immediate alert is sent out if no messaging takes place.