In case you want to start an interface without scheduling a polling sender adapter (e.g. file) and you need a reliable trigger for a message transfer, this solution helps to set up any scenario easily. An XML message with a generic structure is sent to the messaging runtime with the parameters you have defined in the trigger job. Based on the parameters you can proceed with any interfacing scenario (call a web service/REST/HTTP URL, read a file using WHINT FileReader Adapter, …).
- Deploy the SCA/EAR file provided by Whitepaper InterfaceDesign using NWDS/JSPM/SUM/Telnet
- Define an Integrated Configuration (ICO) or iFlow that reflects the scenario
- Schedule the job from NWA -> Operations -> Jobs -> Java Scheduler
- Add Task with Job name MessageTriggerJob
- Scenario: <name/description of the scenario>
- System: WHINT_MTJ
- Further scenario parameters as name/value pairs
- The scheduling should be done according to your business needs (hourly, Mon-Fri between 8:00 and 18:00)
You need to pick up exchange rates without deleting them from the source folder, or you do not want to send a request message from SAP ERP to receive the latest updates (e.g. master data from a CMS). Set up the MessageTrigger Job in NWA and define the scheduling according to your needs.