This solution reads the performance data of each PO/PI Adapter Engine and creates a report with the message volumes (message counter, average processing time and data volume in KB) per Interface (Sender/Receiver/Interface/Namespace). Each Interface can be assigned to an area by maintaining a configuration file (e.g. all interfaces belonging to a subsidiary, brand or a specific scenario).
- Works with SAP NetWeaver PO (PI) version 7.3 EHP1 and higher
- If you read from more than one Adapter Engine and you enforce SSL, you need to apply SP15 for 7.31 / SP10 for 7.40
- Create a new User with the following standard role (or equivalent custom role): SAP_XI_MONITOR_J2EE
- Activate the performance monitoring in NWA
- Configuration > Infrastructure > Java System Properties
- Services > XPI Service: AF Core
- Properties > profile.performance.runtime = true
- Import the Software Component into your ESR provided by Whitepaper InterfaceDesign
- Configure the Scenario by installing the Integration Scenario in NWDS (via iFlows) or in Integration Directory Swing Client
- Configure the interval to keep the last 31 days of the message processing by executing the following URL on your PI/PO system: http(s)://host:port/mdt/performancedataqueryservlet?PeriodConfig=DAILY=31
- Trigger the Download with a File Sender Channel that runs only once/month (via Communication Channel Scheduling) or as often as you like
- Setup the area assignment like this in the Imported Archive “Lookup_XML”, file “Lookup_Area.xml”
- Area: Test1
- SenderSystem: Party_BC1 / SenderParty: Party1
- ReceiverSystem: System3 / ReceiverParty:
- Interface: Message_Out / InterfaceNS: urn:test
- Area: Test2
- SenderSystem: System4 / SenderParty:
- ReceiverSystem: Component2 / ReceiverParty:
- Interface: * / InterfaceNS: *
- Area: Test1
The company (group) wants to distribute the costs for the SAP middleware operations across all (local) companies/subsidiaries based on the message volume they are using. Each month they execute a measurement and summarize the result into an Excel file.
The result can also be pushed into a BW data source (available on demand).